Meridian, Idaho. Once a quiet, sparsely populated farming community located just down the highway from the Idaho state capital city of Boise, now a booming city with lots of new and exciting developments planned for the future. Today, more than ever, Meridian, Idaho, is a great place to live and work!
Meridian has a population of over 84,000 and is the third largest city in the state of Idaho after Boise and Nampa. Set against a vibrant, beautiful, high desert mountain backdrop, Meridian is quickly becoming a well-loved destination for outdoor fun, and offers a wonderful setting for a robust and family-friendly life to a growing number of new people flocking to our city from all over the country. No wonder Meridian is the 10th fastest growing city in the US and one of the fastest growing cities in the Idaho growing over 81 percent since the year 2000.
There is much to love about Meridian, and here are a few of our favorite things about our city and community. Okay more than a few, and there’s the 10 reasons we love living and doing business in Meridian, Idaho.
- SAFE AND FRIENDLY FAMILY-ORIENTED COMMUNITYMeridian is a city very focused on the safety and comfort of its citizens. The streets are clean and well maintained, and feed conveniently to safe and beautiful neighborhoods. The crime rate is very low at about .08 percent, about one-sixth of that of the entire US.For this reason, and many others, Meridian has been named on a variety of top places to live listings, most recently securing the number 1 position on USA Today’s list of top cities to live in the country in 2015.
- TREMENDOUS AND AFFORDABLE HOUSINGMeridian has grown immensely, and there is an abundance of housing that is both beautiful and affordable. Whether you are looking for a chic townhouse or loft, or a larger home with a yard for your family and pets to enjoy, Meridian has options for everyone.
- VIBRANT DOWNTOWNMeridian has a quaint and bustling downtown where you can stroll, shop, and even dine on rooftop patios on nice days. There are local businesses, wine bars, and entertainment all ready to accommodate your date night, or special night out with friends and family. Some of our favorite restaurants in Meridian include: Epi’s Basque Restaurant, Kahootz, Corona Village, Idaho Pizza Company.
- GROWING JOB OPPORTUNITIESAs the city has expanded and grown, job opportunity has flourished alongside it. Boise (just 15 minutes away) is being heralded as the next tech startup scene, and with new businesses, stores and shops opening all over the valley, there is a both a booming economy and jobs to support it. Some of the major employers in Meridian include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Idaho, St. Luke’s, Scentsy, Meridian School District, and Jackson’s Food Stores.
- BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN CITY PARKS FOR FAMILY AND PETSMeridian has a multitude of city parks that are always clean and safe, such as Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park and Settlers Parks. In addition to enjoying a sunny day relaxing or playing at the park, you can also attend concerts, festivals, and other unique events at the parks quite frequently as well. Meridian even has Storey Bark Park, the city’s first off-leash dog park.
- EASY ACCESS TO SURROUNDING CITIESThe location of Meridian is very central, and makes it very easy for you to get all around the city, and quickly get to surrounding towns and areas as well. The recent construction widening I-84 will also cut down on commute time and give you more time to enjoy the city, and your friends and family with travel ease and simplicity.
- BOUNTIFUL EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIESIdaho State University recently opened up a campus in Meridian, so people can pursue their collegiate careers here too! Boise State University is also only a quick 20-30 minute drive away from Meridian if you are looking for a bigger campus and a blue football field.
- Idaho State University recently opened up a campus in Meridian, so people can pursue their collegiate careers here too! Boise State University is also only a quick 20-30 minute drive away from Meridian if you are looking for a bigger campus and a blue football field.Idaho is a beautiful state which is home to, and lures in outdoor enthusiasts all year long. Meridian is perfectly located, and has lakes, rivers, hiking trails, and ski resorts all accessible in as little as a 30 minute drive. So whether you like to fish, hunt, bike ride, ski, or just enjoy nature, Meridian, Idaho has something for everyone.
- ENTERTAINMENT AND CULTUREThe feel of Meridian is one of a safe, comfortable town much smaller than the population it actually boasts. But it is certainly not devoid of the types of entertainment and culture found in larger cities either. Whether you’re looking for a day of fun with the kids racing go carts or playing laser tag at Wahooz, or splishing and splashing down the water slides at Roaring Springs on a hot summer day you have many options for family fun and bonding.One of our favorite activities is going to the races at Meridian Speedway on Saturday nights during the summer. For less than the cost of movie tickets you can get 3-4 hours of good old-fashioned racing fun. Our owner, John, owned car number 11 and he raced there for many years. While he no longer races, Meridian Automotive still sponsors races at Meridian Speedway.Meridian also supports rich culture and the arts. The new City Hall building downtown incorporates both with the Art in Public Places initiative. Modern art pieces are part of the décor, and there is a gallery on the third floor that showcases artists each month. Meridian also has its own symphony orchestra!
- The Village at Meridian is a newly constructed outdoor shopping center with European styling and flair. This shopping experience is situated just off a main Meridian thoroughfare, and while it is impressive from the road, you are transported instantly as you walk the sidewalks of high end shops, or stroll through the gardens. There are gorgeous fountains with choreographed shows throughout the day and night, and a huge theater where you can catch all the latest blockbusters. They even have VIP seating for those 21 and up, where you can enjoy drinks and even dinner while you watch your movie.The Village also has scrumptious restaurants set amidst all the shops so you can enjoy a snack or a fine dinner. In the wintertime, there is an ice skating rink with beautiful lights and decoration to get you in the holiday spirits. And if you like music, warm summer nights, and sandals, you can see outdoor concerts for free at The Village every Saturday night during the summer.Meridian is blossoming into a city rich in opportunity, culture, the arts, as well as dining and fun for people of all ages. The safe and beautiful setting makes it a great place to live, work, and grow your career or family while enjoying all the city has to offer.