Tire alignment service
Meridian Automotive provides complete tire alignment service in Meridian, Idaho.
505 N. Main Street,
Meridian, ID 83642
What is a tire alignment?
A tire alignment, sometimes called a wheel alignment is an adjustment of the vehicles’ suspension (the system that connects the vehicle to its wheels). Proper alignment improves handling and keep your vehicle from pulling in one direction or vibrating strangely on the road. It also prolongs the life of your tires.
Signs that your vehicle needs an alignment:
There are a few ways to determine if your vehicle needs an alignment service. If your vehicle shows signs of any of the following, you should have it checked by one of our certified technicians as soon as possible.
- Uneven tire tread wear
- Vehicle pulling to the left or right
- Your steering wheel is off center when driving straight
- Steering wheel vibration
- Vibrating noise coming from the tires -road noise when you drive
What do technicians look for during an alignment service?
When one of our service technicians looks over your tire alignment, their main concern will consist of three things: camber, toe, and caster angles.
- Camber- The inward or outward angle of the tire when viewed from the front of the vehicle is the camber. If a tire tilts too far inward or outward indicates that there is improper alignment and it should be adjusted. Camber misalignment can be caused by worn bearings, ball joints, and other wheel-suspension parts.
- Toe- Toe alignment is the extent to which your tires turn inward or outward when viewed from above. Stand up and point your toes inward toward the center of your body, when the tires on your car are angled the same way it is called toe-in alignment. Angle your feet outward and you have toe-out alignment. Both require adjustment.
- Caster- The angle of your steering axis when viewed from the side of your vehicle is known as caster. The caster angle helps balance cornering, stability, and steering. Positive caster is when the steering axis points towards the driver. Negative caster is when the steering axis tilts toward the front of your vehicle.
Visit Meridian Automotive for your alignment service and put our state-of-the-art Hunter Hawkeye Elite Wheel Alignment System to use on your vehicle. Don’t just trust anyone with your tire alignment services, trust the experts at Meridian Automotive. Call us today or schedule an appointment online.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US
WHERE TO FIND US?
READY TO EXPERIENCE THE
MERIDIAN AUTOMOTIVE DIFFERENCE?
We can help you fix exactly what you need!